We appreciate the gift of volunteer time and energy in our efforts to distribute food and to feed hungry people in north central Minnesota. Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas, from repacking bulk foods in the warehouse, working one of the many volunteer jobs within the food shelf, office tasks, data entry, etc. Our goal is to provide meaningful work experience and increase our human resource and service capability through volunteer involvement.
Most volunteer opportunities are available during regular weekday hours. Please call ahead to check on the current volunteer schedule. Organizations and groups may occasionally schedule an evening or Saturday of volunteering. Call at least two weeks in advance to schedule or arrange this with the food bank.
Regular Volunteer Hours:
Saturday, September 10th 1:00pm-3:00pm
*First Tuesday of the month 11:00am-5:30pm
Location: 2222 Cromell Drive, Grand Rapids, MN
(south side of Hwy 2 East, just past Sandstom’s)
Come in the Food Bank doors, (single doors) on the left side of the building.
During Your Volunteer Time:
- Please plan on volunteering a minimum of two hours.
- Plan to arrive ten to fifteen minutes before your scheduled volunteer time.
- Upon arrival, please check in at the front desk and sign in.
- Closed toe shoes are required in warehouse; no open toe shoes will be allowed.
- Volunteers must be at least 10 years old and physically able.
We welcome court appointed volunteers. Please call and make arrangements with the Volunteer & Repack Coordinator prior to volunteering.
For more information contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 218.326.4420 ext. 23 or by email.